Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Comparison Madness.

I have to get on my soapbox about this picture.  I understand that the idea behind it is to promote body acceptance and say that curvy is sexy.  I whole heartedly agree.  But why do we have to put down people with naturally skinny body types in order to life those with curvier bodies up?  I posted a rant about this on Facebook and as my friend Feo said (thank you Feo!): "Hot is hot, pounds are just a number."  Numbers are just that:  NUMBERS.  They only have as much power over you as you give them.  I haven't weighed myself in YEARS.  When I go to the doctor's office, I get on the scale backwards.  Why?  Because I don't want to give those numbers power.  I'm not perfect, and I know that if I see the numbers and I'm having a bad day I might turn inwards and beat myself up for it.  So I remove that possibility by not even knowing.  I ask myself if I'm being healthy, if I'm exercising a healthy amount, if I feel good in my skin, and THAT is my scale.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment